GDPR updates and partially replaces previous Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 – “Cookie Law”
BeautifuLiguria uses “cookies” in conjunction with the website to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the website to recognize your preferred language, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the website may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
When navigating this web site, so-called “technical” cookies will be served, i.e.:
- authentication cookies; session cookies not exceeding the visit duration; personalization cookies; etc.;
- cookies (so-called “analytics”) used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the web site for the sole purpose of statistics, gathering data in aggregated form.
- Other than “technical” cookies, since 2017 we also use – or plan to use – third party cookies or similar technologies (tracking pixels, web beacon, tracking URLs, etc…) which according to Italian and UE legislation businesses have to expose to the user an acceptance banner.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are server by external entities, BeautifuLiguria has no mean to know the technologies used nor the exact third party cookies content.
BeautifuLiguria uses – or plans to use – such services for improving the website experience, better understand their visitors and users, and track more precisely e-mail and marketing campaigns. All data accessible by BeautifuLiguria collected through cookies and similar technologies are anonymized and aggregated, users’ privacy is preserved.
Example of third party cookies employed now or in the future are:
- cookies used by social share buttons (e.g. Facebook and Twitter)
- extended analytics profiling, to advertize to the proper audience on services like AdWords and its remarketing service, Facebook marketing, Twitter marketing and the likes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting, for example, the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the website. Please refer to your browser documentation to know how to disable its cookies support.
BeautifuLiguria’s website may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. BeautifuLiguria may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in its messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.